Sunday 13 May 2012

Wireless Broadband(slowband)?

Today meant a lot to me, after just coming back from KL I directly go to apply my first broadband services which ask their customer to POTONG.

I didn’t pay much attention on what the staff there said about their services as we all know what I am about to in the end is no way near what they have promised.

I picked the maximum speed that they can provide, the 4Mbps one. I know that that speed is just a myth only. The reality is a cruel bitch.

I just want to know the final payment for the activation and the monthly bills that will suck my wallet for the next few years. If I can stand their services quality that long.

After the initial payment of RM100, I take my modem back home.

At home, I need to find the best spot for my modem as signal are too unstable to trace. I carried the modem like a feng shui master looking for the correct spot that suit me. So far, not so good.

The staff ask me to wait for one hour to allow the modem to communicate the signal tower. Hmmm.. in a digital age, even the electronic device need that much time to communicate. They really much have a lot to chit chat about.

So, after that, line on and the speed? What people said sometimes have their point also.

Now, mark the start of my journey to the HELL of broadband.

No comments: