Thursday 2 August 2012

Upgrade Netbook

I have a HP netbook which I got it since a year ago. The reason I bought it was due to I need a computer that was quite and less heat so that I can collect material from internet continuously. Beside it should consume less power in the process.

hp-mini-210-verizon

The performance of this netbook was below the par for normal usage. A lot of application are unable to operate smoothly. They can run but laggy. The screen resolution also are too low, 1024x600 which below normal 1024x768. I never understand why they come out with this kind of laptop. The battery is really suck. You can only use around an hours or less for the battery that they gave you. Unless you buy a bigger capacity but that involve extra cost already.

The cpu is using intel’s Atom processor which was likey based on old Pentium 4 architecture. The purpose was to create a low power consumption processor which mean less performance.

Overall the netbook is just a small laptop that was use as a side toy for user. But it fit my requirement of a laptop. I thought I can bear it due to its pricing but I was wrong. The laggyness of the netbook is over my assuming.

I cannot watch higher resolution movie using this netbook. Any video more than 480p is lag for me.

So, I only use it as a material collection server which run 24/7.

Nothing much I can say to the netbook.

Up until today, I realize that the performance can be improve by adding extra ram to the device. But the trick part is DDR2 ram is expensive. So I have to go for second hand part.

I got a nice offer and I manage to install it. Now, my netbook is better off. But still, watching higher resolution video is out of question. It was due to the intel GMA display chipset as it cannot handle much more than that.

So, hopefully I can manage to expand my utilize of the netbook but look at the spec, it was too much to ask.

No comments: