Thursday 8 August 2019

iPhone 4s

The reason I bought the device in 2018 is due to I discover that it can be downgraded to iOS 6. iOS 9 for iPhone 4s is very very horrible until it is like iPhone 4 with iOS 7. It technically almost useless due to the serious lag. Podcast list cannot be refresh properly. File reappear even after delete it and it somethings cannot define whether the track has been played or not.

After I restore it to iOS 6, the situation is the same like iPad 2. The usability turn to very limited. Consider it as a better version of iPod 4th with a bit heavy in weight. By trade in with weight, you will get a larger storage, 16Gb, better camera, but still the same battery usage and shortage of App.

You can tried to upgrade it to iOS 8 but situation no better than iOS 9. The lag is very noticeable.

I love the design of iPhone 4 but due to the usability, I have to select iPhone 4s. At least it is much smoother in iOS 6 which iPhone 4 cannot do. Both device is identical except 4s have white variate.

Currently I keep it in dust because I am using iPod in full force hopefully it can die out faster.

No comments: