Saturday 10 August 2019

Kindle 3G Keyboard

It was really a single purpose device which is for reading books only. Not so suitable to read magazine due to the screen size. Even though it has keyboard but I seldom use it. I strictly use the navigate left right button only. Even after so many year, the battery still can hold up to read books for 2 weeks. Now I just charge the device monthly. It has 4GB storage with speaker that some books support read it aloud features. The later model only came with 2GB, which for only eBooks contents, that's still mean a lot of books that it can store.

It also has an "experimental" browser that has limited features. I didn't use it much. Since I live outside the support of Amazon Kindle store, I practically cannot purchase any books. I can only manually upload my books using cable.

The advantage of using Kindle reading books is the battery life and eye comfortable. You will not felt quick tired even after a long hours of reading. It felt like you are reading on a paper.

The weak part of the device is the loading page. At start, it will have to refresh the whole pages which take around 1 second to load a new pages. Then there is an update that have a quicker page loading that will only fully refresh the page after 4 or 5 pages of turning. This increase the speed of the page loading but the trade off is it sometimes will leave some previous pixel on the screen which a bit disturbing.


No comments: